Spruce Grove has seen a tremendous population increase and many significant changes in the last few years. The city is now at cross-roads and the path we take next, will determine if we continue to be a “community of choice” for current residents and impact our ability for future growth. My vision includes Spruce Grove being a vibrant and resilient city. A place that showcases our active arts, culture, and sporting groups we enjoy. A City that fosters positive business relationships and communication so that they not only thrive but attract new ventures. A community that promotes mental and social wellbeing through access to resources and an action plan. A community that isn’t afraid to creatively address social issues like homelessness and substance abuse.
With that in mind, these are my priorities:
-Take ACTION and think outside the box.
- Creative, solution focused and sustainable processes to ensure the strength of our community.
- A place where EVERY person can flourish! Includes affordable housing for Seniors, Families and Singles.
- Financial and environmental stewardship; build a community our young people will be proud to inherit.
A FINANCIALLY THRIVING CITY
- Streamline City business support systems eg. permits and licenses.
- Support a robust and thriving local economy.
- Support new technologies that help local businesses provide employment opportunities.
- Responsible investment in infrastructure to support our physical growth.
- Committed to thoughtful, sustainable, and common-sense leadership.
- Get the best value and the most municipal services out of the limited resources our City receives through your tax dollars.
- Champion financial, environmental, and social issues in the best interests of ALL Spruce Grove residents.
- Continue partnerships and look for new ways to resource share in the Tri-Region.
Reports and Plans - City of Spruce Grove
SOCIAL SUSTAINABILITY PLAN - provides a blueprint to address the social needs that currently exist and builds resiliency as our community changes.
The Social Sustainability Plan identifies 8 key areas for action:
- Public Transportation
- Homeless Population
- Family & Domestic Violence
- Community Engagement